Choosing a good blog topic is one of the most important things that you will ever do for your blog. If you don't have a great topic, nobody will want to read what you are blogging about.
Below I have listed 5 things that should help you decide which topic would be best suited for you and your blog...
5 Things To Consider When Choosing Your Blog Topic
- Is your topic something that you know a lot about? - You don't want to choose a topic that you know very little about. If you have no idea what you're talking about, people can see that and they will call you on it.
- Find a topic that you either love or hate - Many people think that your blog has to be about something that you like. The truth is that you can blog about anything. There are a lot of successful blogs out there, where bloggers will complain about certain things that they dislike very much. If you're passionate about what you're blogging, your readers are more likely going to relate. No matter how much you love or hate it!
- Do you want to have a personal blog? Or is your main goal to make money? - I'm not saying that personal blogs can't make money, because they can. But when somebody visits a blog, it's usually because that blog has information that they are looking for, not because they want to hear about somebody's day at work. On the other hand, somebody who is blogging about their battle with Cancer, might have some helpful information for other Cancer patients out there. Helpful information can generate some good revenue.
- Will you have something to blog about 2 months down the road? - You want to pick a topic that gives you a variety of things to blog about. A successful blogger will usually post to their blog every single day or at least every other day. If your blogging about the first live football game that you ever went to, you will probably run out of things to blog about after the first couple of posts.
- Choose an original topic - You don't want to start a blog if you are going to have to compete with 3 million other blogs that are blogging about the same thing. A blog about the war in Iraq would be a great idea. Even if your blog supports the war, you might get people coming to your blog that are totally against it and just want to leave a comment to disagree with you about your latest post. But who really cares if they disagree with what you have to say, as long as they're reading your blog!
I hope this post gets your creative wheels turning and helps you to pick out an original and interesting topic for your blog.
What topic are thinking about using?
IF YOU LIKE i-BLOGGER, PLEASE SHARE IT BELOW AND CONSIDER SUBSCRIBING TO MY RSS FEED!